I don't know if anyone else has this problem but store bought headbands are just too tight. By mid-day or the end of the day I have a head ache. I decided it was time to do something about it so I made my own. I used some of my left over scraps and got to work.
I started by measuring around my head to get a general idea of how much fabric I would need. I cut various widths starting at 2 inches and some as big as 4 inches. So for my head I cut strips that were anywhere from 19-21 inches long depending on my scraps and I cut anywhere from 3-5 inches of elastic strips.
I took one of my strips and folded over the end a 1/4 of an inch and stitched it in place
Then I folded the fabric in half and finger pressed it then opened it back up and folded the edges to that center fold, finger pressing again.
After that I folded the piece in half and stitched down the open side to close it.
Then I stitched down the other side so that they matched
Then I stuck the elastic in the tube I had just created and sewed it in place on one side. Then I wrapped it around my head to find out how much of the elastic needed to stick into the other side and once I got that then I sewed it in. This size ended up being the 2 inch strip but came down a 1/2 inch by the time I finished.
This is a 2 inch headband (4 inch strip to start with)
Now I don't get headaches because they are designed just for me!