My sister found this pillow a while ago and called me to see if I could make her some pillowcases for it. I agreed having not seen the pillow.
Well I got the pillow and some scrap fabric from my mom:
and said "You want me to do what?"
I think this is the oddest request I have had from her yet. I left it to sit for a few days not knowing how I was going to attempt it. I called my mom to see if she could talk me through it but she couldn't. So I just decided to make a test pillowcase to see if it would work. I started by taping a bunch of papers together and tracing the pillow. Then I did sides to the pillowcase of 4 inches and made a cuff for a finished size of 3 inches. I got to sewing and I just kept my fingers crossed that it would work.
Well it did and it fit perfectly. This is one of those times where I jump and shout because it actually worked the first time! So I duplicated my process and so that she would have two. It was exactly what she was looking for and that was music to my ears!I stuck my pattern away for the next time I would be requested to do this for her only to have my mom go out and buy the exact same pillow and then request some for her. So I made her two pillowcases as well.
Only problem was her pillow cases weren't so easy. Her fabric didn't have a right side and a wrong side so I started sewing the 4 inch strip on inside out and didn't realize it until I had sewn it all together on one side and got half way done with the zig zag stitch around the seam. So I had to unpick it all and start over.
I now have reminders on the pattern to check the direction of the fabric next time!